I absolutely love entertaining! I have always enjoyed learning new recipes and getting creative when it comes to festive table settings. The overall table presentation will help enhance the dining experience! Below are 5 tips on how to create a similar look without breaking the bank:
1) White dishes : a staple “Must Have”. Although colorful dishes add interest to a table setting, they tend to take away from the natural beauty of the food. White dishes are classic and allow for endless creative color palettes.
2) Color & Pattern! Since I was entertaining outdoors on a beautiful summer evening, I wanted to add a splash of color through the use of textiles. Don’t be afraid to mix and match textures and patterns, they will add visual interest when paired with white dishes. The floral napkins were purchased at Target ($3) and the place mats at Revive Decor ($8/ea).
3) DIY Project! I wanted to reuse the mason jars I incorporated in my April Easter Table setting while reinventing the overall purpose. I used them as individual vases displayed on each placemat. All you need is a glue gun and jute string (Dollar Store). I wrapped the jute around each jar, added some water and fresh cut flowers and Volia!
The next DIY project was place setting cards. Each card was made out of scrapbook paper. You can find an array of paper at any craft store (Omer Desseres / Michaels) for under $1. After cutting out each tag, I used my hole puncher in order to slip them over the straw. The straws were purchased at the Dollar Store - what a find!
4) Touch of Florals! A table is not complete without fresh florals. With the tropical theme in mind, I opted for white and orange lilies. I purchased a small bouquet from Costco for under $10. If you have a garden, go ahead and cut a few from there - it won’t cost you a thing!
5) Adding light! Using clear vases, I lined the bottom of each vase with river rocks. Next, I filled them three quarters full of water and placed a floating candle on top, which gave ambience and kept the bugs away! I purchased floating candles from Ikea ($6 for 24).
Remember, you do not need to break the bank when creating a table setting. Try to use household items you already have. Don’t be afraid to mix and match patterns. Most importantly, have fun! This should not be stressful, but rather a fun project to spruce up your table. It adds a personal touch and creates a nice ambience for your night of entertaining!